pened in early 2005, Coopers is a skilful conversion of a former Co-operative store which was purpose built in Guiseley in 1924
Typical of its genre, the building comprised a dedicated butcher's shop as well as a general grocery department. Upstairs, as well as a store room in which bulk goods such as flour were processed for retail use, the building was designed with a Hall or Function Room including a stage and maple dance floor.
Such a room was a common feature of Cooperative Society premises, whose origins are steeped in the local community.
The premises still retain this magnificent upstairs function room
complete with stage, which has been lovingly restored.
4-6 Otley Road
Tel : 01943 878835